Here are some thoughts from Deepak Chopra who inspires me every time I read his words. The holiday season is always special to me even though we are bombarded with horrible advertising and mind numbing TV Christmas specials. However, the rich aromas,wonderful decorations and smiing faces are more than enough to make up for it. Have a great season!
The holiday season was meant to be the most inspired time of year. It’s an idealistic season when the outer world sleeps so that the inner world can flourish.
The secret to making your holiday inspiring is actually quite simple. Be inspiring yourself. As with any change, you must be the change you want to see in others. But how does that come about? Here are some suggestions:
- Stop doing what never worked in the first place
- Don’t blurt out hidden feelings
- Stay out of the box that others want to put you in
- Tolerate what is difficult; engage with what is simple
- Do one inspired thing, no matter what anyone else thinks